Kathryn’s Bridal is fortunate to have the finest, experienced seamstresses to service our clientele. Our seamstresses are professionally trained and able to expertly alter the exquisite gowns of the designers we carry. The result is a dress that enhances you and feels wonderful!
An article detailing “How to Lace a Corset” was featured September 10, 2014 on ChicagoStyle Weddings Blog authored by our very own seamstress, Glenda!
If you missed the original post, here is your opportunity to read this helpful step by step tutorial:
How to Lace Up a Corset on a Wedding Dress
by Glenda Pittluck, Professional Seamstress at Kathryn’s Bridal
Prepare for lacing:
1. Begin by having the bride put the dress on and holding it up in the appropriate place against her bust line as her helper(s) begin lacing.
2. Start by putting the lace though the top loop on each side of the dress. The lace should be flat, the seam on the bottom and with the lace ends coming from the inside to the outside of the loops. Adjust the lace so each end is the same length.
3. Now, take the left side lace end and put it though the top open loop on the right. Go from the inside to the outside of the loop.
4. Both laces are now on the right.
Begin the lacing process:
1. Take the top lace. Cross to the left side. Go through the top open loop, going from the inside to the outside. Using the SAME lace, cross to the right side and go through the top open loop, going from the inside to the outside.
2. Take the other lace (now the top loose lace on the right side) and cross to the left side. Go through the top open loop, going from the inside to the outside. Using the SAME lace, cross to the right side and go through the top open loop, going from the inside to the outside.
3. Repeat until you reach the bottom.
4. At the bottom, take the top lace on the right and go through the last loop on the left, from the inside to the outside of the loop and loosely secure.
1. Inform the bride you are going to start pulling on her dress. She may want to lean on a wall for balance.
2. Starting at the top, grasp the X that the lace forms and pull. Transfer the X to the other hand. Grasp the next X with the first hand and pull while releasing the first X. Keep the lace flat as you work.
3. Adjust the back panel, keeping it level.
4. Repeat the process until the bride is secure, but comfortable. You may start at any point in the lacing, depending on where dress needs to be tightened.
5. The sides of lace up should form a V.
6. Knot the lace ends together. Make a bow with ends or tuck them into the dress and trim excess lace.
7. Have a Wonderful Wedding Day!
Kathryn’s Bridal, 3807 West Elm Street, McHenry, IL 60050
“Like” us on Facebook!
To view ChicagoStyle Weddings original article, visit: http://chicagostyleweddings.blogspot.com/2014/09/how-to-lace-up-corset-wedding-gown.html